Here's the latest...
- Taking a Voice Over for Actors class at the esteemed Kalmenson & Kalmenson studio.
- Episode of Worst Birthday Ever is up on CW Seed, watch it here!
- Shot a co-starring role with director Greg Porper and T Group Productions for an episode of a new web series to launch on CW Seed the beginning of next year.
- Shot a Bud Light commercial with director Mark Romanek and Anonymous Content. See the commercial here!
- Officially attached to a comedic feature film to be shot next spring on the East Coast with director Jonathan Smith.
- Gone Doggy Gone is now available to own or rent from these websites (including iTunes, Amazon, and Best Buy). Enjoy! And if you like it, make sure to rate it.
- "There are still plenty of laughs along the way, many of them supplied by the hilarious turns by Vorspan as the emotionally fragile dognapper..." Read the full review of Gone Doggy Gone, written by Frank Scheck of the Hollywood Reporter, here.
- Also, check out these other recent reviews of the film:
- Gone Doggy Gone will be having a week long theatrical release at the Arena Cinema in Hollywood, June 26th-July2nd. For tickets and showtimes, click here and scroll down a bit.
- Good news! Gone Doggy Gone is being distributed by Indican Pictures, here is the brand new trailer...
- Also, it has won "Best American Indie Comedy" at The Saint Augustine Film Festival, that's 12 wins at 17 festivals!
- "Amanda Plummer? Gaby Hoffman? Maybe it’s the boomerang-shaped grin or the rooted presence that never finds her out of the moment, but there is something about Vorspan’s command of the frame that brought to mind this pair of heavyweights...We hope to hear much more from her in the future." Read the full review of Gone Doggy Gone , written by Scott Marks for the San Diego Reader, here.
- And Gone Doggy Gone won Best Feature at the Edmonton International Film Festival and Best Feature Film at Offshoot Film Festival.
- From an interview with Kasi Brown and Brandon Walter (directors/writers of Gone Doggy Gone): "Shaina Vorspan [the actress who plays Jill] is amazing. We fought for her every step of the way, over famous names, because she was just so perfect for the part. She pulled off crazy and likable, and it’s hard to find that in an actress" Full Article.
- Also, Gone Doggy Gone won two Jury Awards at the Edmonton International Film Festival in Alberta, Canada: The Fiercely Independent Feature Award AND the Big Daddy Award Comedy Feature! And Best Feature Film at the Good Dog! International Film Festival in Australia.
- Gone Doggy Gone has been accepted to a slew of film festivals! This fall it will be screened at the San Diego Film Festival, Fort Lauderdale International Film Festival, the Edmonton International Film Festival, the Tallgrass International Film Festival, the Offshoot Film Festival, the Santa Fe Independent Film Festival, and the prestigious Napa Valley Film Festival.
- "Jill, portrayed with polish and compassion by Shaina Vorspan, is beautifully (sometimes painfully) fleshed out." Read the full review of Gone Doggy Gone , written by Jennifer Oliver O'Connell, here.
- Once again, Gone Doggy Gone will be screening in L.A.! This time at the prestigious Dances With Films Festival on Friday, June 6th at 5pm at the Chinese Theaters in Hollywood. To purchase tickets, click here.
- Modeled for a promo for a short film with photographer Chris King and director Jack Walker.
- Gone Doggy Gone screened to sold out audiences and won audience choice award at the Julien Dubuque International Film Festival.
- Gone Doggy Gone won Audience Favorite for Best Narrative Feature AND the Best of Fest Award at the First Glance Film Festival!
- Gone Doggy Gone will be making its WORLD premiere as part of the First Glance Film Festival on Friday, April 4th at 8pm at the Regal Cinemas at LA LIVE! Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
- Happy new year! JesusCat is on a roll! It will be screened at the Asians on Film Festival on Saturday, February 15th at 5:00 pm in North Hollywood. Click here for tickets ($10).
- JesusCat (or How I Accidentally Joined a Cult) has been accepted to Mockfest, a mockumentary film festival, as an Honorable Mention.
- Check out this snippet of an interview with JesusCat co-producer, Julia Morizawa, for Del Weston On Film.
- JesusCat (or How I Accidentally Joined a Cult) has been reviewed by RogueCinema.com! "Julia as Elle and Shaina as Charlotte are perfection." Check out the full article.
- More exciting news! JesusCat (or How I Accidentally Joined a Cult) will be screening at the 9th annual, Action on Film International Film Festival on Tuesday, August 20th at 9:00pm. For tickets, click here (just $8!).
- Shot a commercial with Hungry Man Productions and director Jim Hosking, view it here.
- Did a JesusCat interview with co-producer, Julia Morizawa, for Del Weston on Film.
- Exciting news! JesusCat (or How I Accidentally Joined a Cult) will be making its world premiere at the 13th Los Angeles Comedy Festival, the largest comedy festival in the United States, on Wednesday, May 15th at 9:00pm. For more information on purchasing tickets and everything else, click here.
- Cast as a lead in the comedy feature film, Gone Doggy Gone. Principle photography to begin end of April.
- Editing for JesusCat (or How I Accidentally Joined a Cult) has completed. Test screenings are being conducted and it is now being submitted to film festivals nationwide.
- Playing Sibyl Vane in Knightsbridge Theatre's production of, The Picture of Dorian Gray.